Monday 30 January 2012

Awesome Weekend

I've had a great weekend tbh, full of printing, sewing, a craft fair and some amazing food! I've taken loads of photos of my printing to share with you. Enjoy!


I started on Thursday by making up about 6 screens, 4 for my ballon design and 2 for my carosel design. I hadn't done a 4 colour print since I was in uni so fancied the challenge. I love watching the build up of the different colours seeing your images come to life (so to say) on the fabric =)













Laying down some ink!

Went back to the PrintHaus Friday and Saturday and had lots of fun printing and talking cameras and India with Jude.

I try and be productive by working on a few pieces at the same time; you have to wait for each colour to dry before you can print the next one.










This is what I ended up making from the pink fabric you can see on the table above!













This is the carosel design I've been working on too. I was really happy with how thin the lines were I managed to print. When I started back printing last year I was finding super thin detail hard to acheive, so it good to see progress. 

The designs lend themselves well to the purses I've been making. Definitely need to work on some more designs that work either way up.
                                                      
Here are some of my favourite other bits of printing from the weekend too - I love printing on random pieces of found fabrics.




We finished up the weekend by having some amazing food in the Pot Cafe on Crwys Rd. I've had a few tasty brekkies and coffees in there before but when we found out the Ethical Chef was putting on a supper club we had to book a table! Joined by some great friends in the shape of Chris, Becca and Dan, all 5 of us were blown away by the food and the service. I'm sure I'll be at the next one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment