Saturday 28 January 2012

First Post

So I thought I'd start my blog off with some sneaky peak pictures of what I've been making over the past week or so ready for the new folksy shop I'm setting up. After a few years of making and trading under the name Recycled with Love, I've decided to rebrand and start afresh. As I now have the ability to screen print again after far too long a break, I wanted to have a brand that covered all of what I do from crocheting to sewing to print and illustration. Nelly is an old nickname for Helen and I intend to make the store a treasure trove of all my little pretties!




Anyways this is what I've been making.....












A little collection of coin purses. They measure about 4" x 3" so just enough space for your lippie, keys and pocket money! They're fun to make and don't use up a huge amount of fabric either. So all the fabrics have been screen printed with my doodles and then I've used a mixture of vintage fabrics from my collection to line them.

















These larger purses I've made using 8" x  2" silver coloured metal frames with clasps. If you've ever had experience using them before I'd love to hear how you got on with them. It's been an interesting learning curve for me!! So far I've only made one using a smaller frame (I think it's 3" wide) but it is slightly easier than the larger ones.











                    

I've also started making a few new clutch bags with my hand printed fabric. Fully lined and finished off with bias binding and a magnetic clasp. I've added vintage lace that I have been collecting for a while as a secret detail on the inside too.   


No comments:

Post a Comment