Monday 15 April 2013

Satchel Loving

Monday Monday. Ah most people dread this day; back in work, up early. I however can never wait for this day of the week to come round again. Although it is a day of work for me too, I work from home and get to spend the whole day sewing.

Today has been no exception.

I've made a couple of satchels out of offcuts of leather than were kindly donated from Alys the Pocket Pirate. I also raided the big bag of old pillowcases and vintage sheets. Here's what I came up with!


I have a bag of vintage buckles that my grandmother had given me a few years ago and have never used them on a project up until now. I think this is a good use though. I also added rivets to the holes for the buckles so the leather doesn't take all the wear and tear of use.



Inside I added a small pocket and the front is lined with a contrasting fabric on all of the bags.
 
 
 
 







I think this last one is my favourite. I'm totally smitten with this buckle and I also quilted the fabric on the front.

I haven't yet made straps for all of them. I've added loops so it will be easy too but haven't yet decided what to use. I'm not sure the gold chain I have will match but I don't have enough leather to make straps. I will hunt something out I'm sure!!

No comments:

Post a Comment